Moving can be a very stressful time for you and especially for your pets. Below are some tips that should make the moving experience a bit calmer for them;
- DO try and get someone to look after your pet on moving day, i.e. a friend or relative. This would benefit both you and your pet as they won’t be in the way.
- DO make sure that your pet’s ID tag details are up to date, and include the details of your new home.
- DO give them enough reassurance and attention – during and after the move.
- DO prepare on ‘overnight kit’ that includes enough food, toys and grooming toys.
- DON’T let your pet out until you’ve arrived. Make sure that the outside space is secure before you let them loose.
- DON’T feed them before putting them into the car – pets also get travel sick!
- DON’T assume that your pet will adjust to your new home immediately. Try not to leave them on their own for too long.